Information clause about personal data protection for candidates for studies
1. Personal Data Administrator
The administrator of your personal data is the University of Silesia in Katowice. You can contact the administrator by:
- post: ul. Bankowa 12, 40-007 Katowice,
- przez e-mail: email@example.com.
2. Data Protection Officer
You may contact the Data Protection Officer in all matters related to personal data processing and data processing rights by:
- post – address: ul. Bankowa 12, 40-007 Katowice
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Purposes of processing and the legal basis for processing
We will process your personal data for purpose of conducting the procedures related to the admission for studies.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is based on art. 6 par. 1 let. a, c and e of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on data protection):
- 1. your consent to the processing personal of data – red below;for the means of the admission procedures;
- 2. fulfilling the legal obligation imposed on the administrator, resulting from the secondary legislation to the Law on Higher Education and Science;
- 3. fulfillment of the task realized in the public interest by setting conditions, mode and time of beginning and ending of admisions, the method of its conduct, resulting from art. 70 of the Act - Law on Higher Education and Science.
Providing personal data is a prerequisite for conducting the recruitment process. If no data is provided, it will not be possible to complete the above-mentioned purpose.
- 4. your consent to the processing of personal data, in the scope of transferring the e-mail address and phone number from the Online Application System to the USOS (University Study-Oriented System) system. The transfer of the above-mentioned data is voluntary and will take place only when you enter your studies. Providing an e-mail address and telephone number is to protect your interests and enable quick contact in matters related to the learning process.
- 5. your consent to the processing of personal data in the use of the result of the matriculation examination in order to prepare a collective report for the needs of the university ranking.
Expressing consent to the processing of your personal data for the purposes indicated in points 4) and 5), outside the recruitment process, is voluntary and is not necessary to conduct the recruitment process, but we ask for your consideration as it will help us to keep in touch with you in the future, and will help the University of Silesia in Katowice to improve its position in the opinion-forming ranking of universities. The report for the needs of the university ranking contains only aggregate data, which do not allow to determine the results of individual persons. We will ask you in the subsequent steps of the recruitment procedure for the consents indicated in points 4) and 5). You will be able to change your decision at any time during the recruitment process.
4. The period of storage of personal data
We will store your personal data for a period of 6 months from the date of completing the recruitment process.
5. Recipients of data
Your personal data may be transferred to public authorities or entities entitled to obtain data on the basis of applicable law.
6. Rights related to the processing of personal data
You have the following rights related to the processing of personal data:
- 1. the right to withdraw the consent to data processing (read below);
- 2. right to access your personal data – during the application proces you have the right to access your personal data provided through the Online Application System;
- 3. the right to request the correction of your incorrect personal data and to supplement incomplete personal data;
- 4. the right to request your personal data to be removed, in particular in case of withdrawal of consent for data processing, if there is no other legal basis for processing ;
- 5. the right to request the processing of your personal data to be limited;
- 6. the right to object to the processing of your data, due to your special situation, in case where we are processing the data on the basis of our legally justified interest, including the purposes of direct marketing, or to perform a public task. NOTE: in the case of processing for the purposes of direct marketing, you can lodge an objection at any time regardless of the particular situation;
- 7. the right to transfer your personal data, i.e. the right to receive your personal data from us, in a structured, universally used machine-readable information format. You may send this data to another data administrator or request that we send your data to another administrator – if such transfer is technically possible. The right to transfer personal data concerns only the data which we process in automated manner, in electronic form, on the basis of an agreement concluded with you or on the basis of your consent;
- the right not to be subject to solely automated decision-making – including profiling;
- 9. the right to file a complaint to the supervisory body dealing with the protection of personal data, i.e. the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.
The right to withdraw consent
To the extent that your data is processed on the basis of consent – you have the right to withdraw the consent to the processing of data at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of the processing which was carried out on the basis of your consent before its withdrawal. You may withdraw the consent by sending a statement of withdrawal of consent to our mailing address or email address: email@example.com.
I declare that:
- I take responsibility for the correctness of data entered into the Online Application System, especially data affecting the recruitment results and decisions of the recruitment committee;
- personal registration account is the only source of information transfer, which means that messages placed on the candidate's personal account are considered delivered and binding;
- I know about the obligation to protect my login and password against access by third parties and recommended periodic change of password. In the event that the above information is made available to an unauthorized person, I take responsibility for my data management.