Information clause about personal data protection for candidates for studies
1. Personal Data Administrator
The administrator of your personal data is the University of Silesia in Katowice. You can contact the administrator by:
- post – address: ul. Bankowa 12, 40-007 Katowice.
- e-mail: email@example.com
2. Data Protection Officer
You may contact the Data Protection Officer in all matters related to personal data processing and data processing rights by:
- post – address: ul. Bankowa 5, 40-007 Katowice
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Purposes of processing and the legal basis for processing
We will process your personal data for purposes related to the education process and handling the affairs of students and doctoral students, mainly to keep contact with you through various communication channels, i.e. traditional mail, e-mail, telephone. In addition, the learning process is supported by websites addressed to the academic community.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is based on art. 6 par. 1 lit. a and the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (general regulation on data protection) :
- - fulfillment of legal obligations imposed on the administrator, resulting in particular from the Act on Higher Education, issued on the basis of executive acts and internal acts adopted at the University of Silesia. The processing of personal data for purposes and scope that goes beyond the personal data necessary for the purposes of the education process and handling the affairs of students and doctoral students requires your consent.
Providing personal data is voluntary, but necessary for the process of education and service of students and PhD students. If you do not provide data, it will not be possible to complete the above-mentioned purpose.
We will ask you for consent each time indicating each individual purpose of processing your data when the law regulations do not give basis for processing it. We will process your personal data after your consent.
4. The period of storage of personal data
We will store your personal data until the education process is completed, and for archival purposes for a period of 50 years. In the case of processing your personal data on the basis of your voluntary consent, we will store the data until permission is revoked.
5. Recipients of data
Your data may be transferred to entities processing it at our request and to public authorities or entities entitled to obtain data on the basis of applicable law, e.g. courts, law enforcement authorities or state institutions, when they request, based on an appropriate legal basis.
6. Rights related to the processing of personal data and automated decision making
You have the following rights related to the processing of personal data:
- the right to withdraw the consent to data processing,
- right to access your personal data – processed in the USOSweb system on the individual account of the student whom data concerns, and data processed in traditional manner in the student’s file or other documentation, with which you can get insight into in the Faculty’s Deans Offices or other units of the University which carry matters related to students’ education and student services. Student has the right to change the privacy settings in the Preferences tab in the USOSweb system,
- the right to request the correction of your incorrect personal data and to supplement incomplete personal data,
- the right to request your personal data to be removed, in particular in case of withdrawal of consent for data processing, if there is no other legal basis for processing,
- the right to request the processing of your personal data to be limited,
- the right to object to the processing of your data, due to your special situation, in case where we are processing the data on the basis of our legally justified interest or for the purposes of direct marketing,
- the right to transfer your personal data, i.e. the right to receive your personal data from us, in a structured, universally used machine-readable information format. You may send this data to another data administrator or request that we send your data to another administrator – if such transfer is technically possible. The right to transfer personal data concerns only the data which we process on the basis of an agreement concluded with you or on the basis of your consent,
- the right not to be subject to solely automated decision-making – including profiling,
- the right to file a complaint to the supervisory body dealing with the protection of personal data, i.e. the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.
The right to withdraw consent
To the extent that your data is processed on the basis of consent – you have the right to withdraw the consent to the processing of data at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of the processing which was carried out on the basis of your consent before its withdrawal. You may withdraw the consent by sending a statement of withdrawal of consent to our mailing address or email address.