Information clause about personal data protection for candidates for studies
1. Personal Data Administrator
The administrator of your personal data is the University of Silesia in Katowice. You can contact the administrator by:
- post – address: ul. Bankowa 12, 40-007 Katowice.
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Data Protection Officer
You may contact him in all matters related to personal data processing and data processing rights by:
- post – address: ul. Bankowa 5, 40-007 Katowice
- e-mail: email@example.com
3. Purposes of processing and the legal basis for processing
We will process your personal data for the recruitment process.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is art. 6 sec. 1 item a of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (general regulation on data protection):
- Your consent to the processing of personal data, for the purposes of the recruitment process,
- Your consent to the processing of personal data, in the scope of transfer of email address and phone number from the Online Application System to the University Study-Oriented System (USOS).
- Your consent to the processing of personal data, with regards to the use of the maturity exam results to prepare a collective report for the university ranking purposes.
Providing personal data is voluntary, but necessary for the conduction of the recruitment process. If you do not provide the data, it will not be possible for you to complete the recruitment process.
The transfer will take place only if you are enrolled for studies. Providing an e-mail address and phone number is to protect your interests and enable quick contact in matters related to the course of studies.
Consent to the processing of your personal data, for the purposes indicated in points 2) and 3) extends beyond the recruitment process and is voluntary, and not necessary for conduction of the recruitment process. However we ask for your consideration, as it will help us to maintain contact with you in the future, and will help the University of Silesia in receiving a better position in the opinion-making university rankings. The report for the needs of the university rankings contains only aggregate data, which do not allow to determine the result of the maturity exam of individual persons. We will ask you for the consents indicated in points 2) and 3) in the subsequent steps of the recruitment procedure. It will be possible to change your decision at any time during the recruitment process.
4. The period of storage of personal data
We will store your personal data for a period of 6 months from the date of completing the recruitment process.
5. Recipients of data
Your personal data may be transferred to public authorities or entities entitled to obtain data on the basis of applicable law.
6. Rights related to the processing of personal data and automated decision making
You have the following rights related to the processing of personal data:
- the right to withdraw the consent to data processing – withdrawal of the consent to the processing of personal data is equivalent to withdrawal from the recruitment procedure,
- right to access your personal data – during the recruitment process you have the access to your personal data via the Online Application System,
- the right to request the correction of your incorrect personal data and to supplement incomplete personal data,
- the right to request your personal data to be removed, in particular in case of withdrawal of consent for data processing, if there is no other legal basis for processing,
- the right to request the processing of your personal data to be limited,
- the right to object to the processing of your data, due to your special situation, in case where we are processing the data on the basis of our legally justified interest or for the purposes of direct marketing,
- the right to transfer your personal data, i.e. the right to receive your personal data from us, in a structured, universally used machine-readable information format. You may send this data to another data administrator or request that we send your data to another administrator – if such transfer is technically possible. The right to transfer personal data concerns only the data which we process in an automated manner on the basis of an agreement concluded with you or on the basis of your consent,
- the right not to be subject to solely automated decision-making – including profiling,
- the right to file a complaint to the supervisory body dealing with the protection of personal data, i.e. the President of the Office for the Protection of Personal Data.
The right to withdraw consent
To the extent that your data is processed on the basis of consent – you have the right to withdraw the consent to the processing of data at any time. Withdrawal of consent does not affect the legality of the processing which was carried out on the basis of your consent before its withdrawal. You may withdraw the consent by sending a statement of withdrawal of consent to our mailing address or email address.
I declare that:
- I am fully responsible for data entered into the Online Application System, especially those affecting the admission results and decisions of the recruitment committee, li>
- personal registration account is the only source of transferring information, which means that messages submitted to the candidate's personal account are considered provided and binding, li>
- I have the obligation to protect my login and password against third party access and recommended periodical password change. In case above information are made available to an unauthorized person, I am fully responsible for managing my data.